Welcome to the Altar Serving Ministry at St Agatha’s Parish
Altar Serving is such a important Ministry at St Agatha’s Catholic Church. Altar Servers assist the Priests. The Parish Community see Altar Servers as role models by the level of reverence they show at Church. It is such a humble and reverend way of contributing to the Mass.
If you are in Year 4 and above and are interested in becoming an Altar Server please contact the Parish Office for further information. Training Sessions will be conducted in October 2017. For more information or to join the Altar Servers please contact the Parish Office on 02 9484 1427.
- First Holy Communion (Sunday 18th & 25th June : 12pm & 2pm)
- Annual Altar Servers BBQ (11.30am, Sunday 27th August)
- Confirmation (Friday 15th September : 5pm & 7pm)
- Altar Servers Training/ Refresher Courses (October *TBC)
Thank you for all your ongoing support to the Altar Serving Ministry of St Agatha’s Parish
(Altar Serving Ministry Co-ordinator)
Senior Servers & Altar Servers – Important Notes.
I would like to congratulate our 11 new Senior Servers of St Agatha’s Parish!
Congratulations to – Andrew Kennaugh, Caroline Grace, Gabe DaSilva , Jacinta Grace, James Royle, Joel Jenson, Matilda Wiggins, Nathan Rossi, Nathaniel Deitch, Michael Rossi, and Sarah Kennaugh.
To become a Senior Server, an Altar Server needs to have served at least for 5 years. The role of a Senior Server is to guide, help and train the other Altar Servers and assist the Priests with Senior roles within the Mass.
Altar Servers Check List
- Please arrive 10 minutes before Mass starts
- Please wear neat clothes with closed shoes (ie school shoes) when Serving
- Please tick your name off on the bulletin in the Sacristy
- Please get dressed in an appropriate Alb and wear the correct coloured robe
- Please say the Altar Servers Before Mass Prayer with other Servers
- Please make sure the bells are under the Altar Server seats
- Please make sure the Altar Candles are lit
- Please organise (before Mass) which Servers will be assisting at the different parts of the Mass (offertory, holding the book , carrying the cross etc)
- The Cross Carrier puts the cross away
- Please put the Albs neatly away in the cupboard
- Please make sure all the items from the table (near Altar Server seats) are brought back into the Sacristy
- Please make sure the Altar Candles are blown out
- Please say the Altar Servers After Mass Prayer with other Servers
Note: If you are unable to attend mass on your rostered weekend please arrange for another server to take your place.
* Please Refer to the Training Booklet for more information.
Download a screen version here (to read online).
Download print version here (print double-sided on A4, collate and fold in half to make a booklet).
For more information or to join the Altar Servers please contact the Parish Office on 02 9484 1427.
Altar Servers News
Click on the title to read the article.